The Niagara Economic Development Corporation (NEDC) is a non-profit corporation with a mandate to carry out activities to advance the economic prosperity of the Niagara community.
The Corporation promotes Niagara on a global scale and works in partnership with the region's twelve municipalities to advocate and facilitate business and tourism growth and competitiveness. Niagara Economic Development Corporation recognizes that supporting both the retention and growth of our existing companies and encouraging new companies to relocate in Niagara is the key to the region's economic success.
Niagara Canada is a prosperous, diversified and sustainable regional economy.
To promote, advocate, and facilitate Niagara's business and tourism growth and competitiveness.
Our Services at a Glance
- Provides business relocation and expansion support, including site selection services and co-ordinating with municipal stakeholders;
- Provides current, accurate and relevant information to potential investors regarding infrastructure, municipal information, labour market intelligence, financial incentives and programs, and cost estimates;
- Undertakes research and shares knowledge and information (including growth strategies, marketing programs and site selection studies about Niagara) with the private sector and other levels of government to encourage economic development. Research includes local land availability, market trends and business opportunities;
- Acts as a liaison between Niagara's municipalities and relocating or expanding businesses;
- Works in conjunction with other agencies to provide a full range of business support services including business registration, financial programs, and marketing;
- Promotes programs to attract new business, tourism and other development opportunities.